A word of welcome from our Headteacher
Mr John Newport
At Marden Bridge we pride ourselves in setting the highest academic standards for all of our students. We are an inclusive, caring, disciplined and happy school that provides a safe, secure and innovative learning environment for all who learn and work here. We are committed to developing the talents and expertise of each individual at Marden Bridge and this is reflected in the success and achievements that our students make.
The pandemic has shown the need for us to come together as a community and work for each other. Team spirit and support is the key to providing the best environment for the pupils to flourish in. At MBMS, we ensure we give the pupils a wide range of opportunities, lots of which they will succeed in, but also, when mistakes are made, a chance to reflect and further their emotional/academic development as individuals.
This is an exciting time for Marden Bridge; we have a lot to offer our learners:
- Students enjoy specialised facilities across all subjects to help them learn, develop and achieve.
- The school has made strong and sustained progress in recent years. We believe all twelve subjects in each year group should be taken seriously so pupils can enjoy and flourish in a wide, engaging curriculum.
- The success enjoyed by our students is down to our staff and the high quality of our teaching and learning that is continuously present in lessons.
- Our environment is safe and children feel supported to learn and achieve.
- We have an incredibly successful provision of OHSL clubs for both KS2 and KS3 students.
- We are pleased to offer residential/visit opportunities to further enhance learning.
- We have a strong pastoral system with committed Year Progress Leaders and excellent support from experienced and enthusiastic class teachers.
- Music and culture are part of the heartbeat of our school with regular performances.
- We have excellent partnerships with our First and High School colleagues and meet regularly as a collaborative, sharing ideas that will help seamless transition across the three tier system.
- Second to none sports facilities including a six badminton court, sports hall and dance studio.
- For September 2021, a brand new sand filled astroturf built to National Hockey League specifications that pupils can use both in PE lessons, clubs and social times at school.
- We have a newly refurbished library with many new books to stimulate and engage pupils.
- A rejuvenated school garden which has an ‘invention shed’; a fabulous, bespoke, outdoor classroom.
We are currently living in changing times. However, at Marden Bridge you will be sure to find that no matter where our world is moving to, we keep the welfare and development of our pupils at the very core of our tasks each day. Please call to arrange a visit if you would like to see more first hand.
Very best regards,
Marden Bridge Middle School