A word of welcome from our Headteacher
Mr John Newport
At Marden Bridge we pride ourselves in setting the highest academic standards for all of our students. We are an inclusive, caring, disciplined and happy school that provides a safe, secure and innovative learning environment for all who learn and work here. We are committed to developing the talents and expertise of each individual at Marden Bridge and this is reflected in the success and achievements that our students make.
We are currently building on our "good" Ofsted rating (April 2016) and aim to take the school to greater heights by motivating our fantastic pupils to build on their current achievements. We fundamentally believe that a nurturing environment where there are appropriate levels of support and challenge will help to make each one of our pupils the very best people they can be, both in the classroom and living their lives in the wider community. However, an Ofsted grade does not define who we are. We work everyday to deliver our ethos and to make the school the best place possible for our pupils.
This is an exciting time for Marden Bridge; we have a lot to offer our learners:
- Students enjoy specialised facilities across all subjects to help them learn, develop and achieve.
- The school has made strong and sustained improvement in recent years. We believe all twelve subjects in each year group should be taken seriously so pupils can enjoy and flourish in a wide, engaging curriculum.
- The success enjoyed by our students is down to our staff and the high quality of our teaching and learning that is continuously present in lessons.
- Our environment is safe and children feel supported to learn and achieve.
- We have an incredibly successful provision of
clubs and activities
- We are pleased to offer residential opportunities in all year groups.
- We have a strong pastoral system with committed Year Progress Leaders and excellent support from experienced and enthusiastic class teachers.
- Music and culture are part of the heartbeat of our school with regular performances.
- We have excellent partnerships with our First and High School colleagues and meet regularly as a collaborative, sharing ideas that will help seamless transition across the three tier system.
- Second to none sports facilities including a six badminton court Sports Hall, full size all weather pitch and dance studio ensure there are a wide variety of activities on offer.
- We have newly refurbished library with many new books to stimulate and engage pupils.
- We have recently begun work on a school garden which has an ‘invention shed’; a fabulous, bespoke, outdoor classroom.
I recommend Marden Bridge to you and hope you find our website informative. If you haven’t had the chance to visit our school and would like to do so, I would be delighted to arrange a tour at your convenience.
Very best regards
Marden Bridge Middle School